UNECA Consultant to conduct research on inclusion Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Consultant to conduct research on inclusion“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 18th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 6th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to conduct research on inclusion to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Working under overall guidance from ATPC Coordinator and the direct supervision of the project manager, the consultant is expected to perform the following specific tasks:
- Conduct a desk review of literature on implications for women and youth in trade in free trade agreements supporting the green transition aligning with the existing gender mainstreaming methodology;
- Carry out targeted stakeholder interviews both with women and youth-led SMEs in the green economy, and gender, trade and environmental experts
- Prepare and incorporate inputs that address implications for women and youth for inclusivity in intra-African trade in each of the six reports, including their findings;
- Conduct internal review process led by ECA’s RITD and selected stakeholders;
- Finalize the research papers taking into account the feedback and suggestions provided.
- Consolidate the six reports into one joint research paper on Green Transition Considerations under the AfCFTA;
- Based on the inputs to the research papers, conduct a policy brief with recommendations on how to promote gender mainstreaming in AfCFTA implementation measures that support the green transition, as well as on how to promote opportunities for women and youth in trade in the green transition under the AfCFTA.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Consultant to conduct research on inclusion of women and youth in trade into research project on green transition considerations into the negotiation/implementation of the protocols of the AfCFTA
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 05 June 2023 – 18 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-210328-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Trade, International Relations, International Law and/or related areas is required.
- Have a minimum of five (7) years of professional experience. Proven record in research in the African context, preferably analyzing the impact of trade agreements from gender and youth inclusion lens is required.
How to Apply UNECA Consultant to conduct research on inclusion Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=210328
The Closing Date: 18th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.