NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
NRC Uganda looking for “Grants Manager”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before December 22, 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 08, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Grants Manager to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
What you will do:
- Strategic Fundraising & Donor Engagement. In collaboration with the Programme Unit, lead the development of NRC’s fundraising strategy. This includes the mapping of donor policy and priorities and their alignment with NRC’s programmatic and advocacy goals. The Grant Manager will play a key role in maintaining strong donor relationships with strategic funding partners, as delegated by the Head of Programmes.
- Partnerships. Collaborate with the partnership focal point to ensure donor requirements are reflected in the Project Implementation Agreements and modification requests), and ensure they are in line with donor requirements/ procedures and captures accurate information. Contribute to the development of NRC’s partnership and localization approaches and strategy, including through the integration of partnerships into the country strategy.
- Consortia. As delegated by the Head of Programme, play a leading role in NRC’s strategic engagement in consortia. This includes engaging in the development and strengthening of consortium governance structures.
- Risk Management. Lead NRC Uganda due diligence processes relating to grant agreements and partnerships, in collaboration with the Risk and Compliance team. This includes the review of donor contracts or equivalent and coordinating with other relevant NRC Uganda departments. The Grant Manager will provide technical support, training and capacity building to other NRC Local partners and private institutions on donor compliance issues. Work with other departments to ensure relevant grant documentation required is ready and available for audits.
- Coordination and Representation. Engage in networking, information gathering and context analysis that contributes to NRC’s ability to make strategic and informed decisions regarding fundraising and partnership in support of NRC’s programmatic goals. As delegated by the Head of Programme, actively engage in NRC’s regional and/or global grants and partnerships initiatives.
- Budget Development. In coordination with the Finance Manager, support the Head of Programmes with the development of top-down budgets for all funding opportunities and ensure consistency between budget and other proposal documents, as well as compatibility with donor compliance requirements.
- Line Management. Line management of the Grants team, to ensure timely and quality completion of tasks. This includes ensuring that the NRC Uganda Grants team maintain high quality and accurate information management systems for Grants.
Position in Organization:
- Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
- Contract: 12 months (Renewable based on funding, performance and need for position)
- Travel: up to 30%
- Salary/benefits: grade 9 on NRC’s regional salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Job Identification: 13118
- Job Category: Donor relations
- Posting Date: 12/07/2023, 02:25 PM
- Apply Before: 12/22/2023, 02:25 PM
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Three years of relevant experience in donor relations and grants management within a relevant context (e.g., with institutional humanitarian and development donors)
- Experience working in complex environments and with Displacement affected people;
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations Knowledge of institutional donors’ rules, regulations, priorities, and compliance requirements – NMFA, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO etc
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors;
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Willingness to travel to area offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
How to Apply NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 22, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- GGGI Communication and Knowledge Sharing Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International Consultant Jobs 2023
- IRC Human Resource and Administration Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP Head of Human Resource Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Chief Child Survival and Development Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Office Administrator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Senior Events and Account Relationship Manager Jobs 2023
- SNV Consultancy for Animal Traction Application Study and Analysis Jobs 2023
- Right To Play Gender Equality Specialist Jobs 2023