UNECA Fire Alarm and building Automation control system Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Fire Alarm and building Automation control system Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in High School Degree may apply on or before 17th April 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Fire Alarm and building Automation control system Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The post is located in the Facilities Management Section, at the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).Under the direct supervision of Senior Engineering Assistant and under the overall direction of Operations manager in FMS, the Assistant Fire Alarm & Building Automation Control System Technician will be responsible for the following functions but not limited to:
- Estate management controllers (EMCs) of the Building Automation Control system (BACs) as per the ‘to do’ list and PPM schedule based on manufacturers recommendation and IEE standard.
- Sensors, Field devices, Dampers, Exhaust fans and actuators installed on Air
- Handling units of the HVAC, Chillers, Boilers, Water & Fuel pumps as per the ‘to do’ list and PPM schedule based on manufacturers recommendation and IEE standard.
- Control switch relays and contactors for Lighting and electrical main switch gears as per the ‘to do’ list and PPM schedule based on manufacturers recommendation and IEE standard.
- All fire alarm system components (Manual pull switches, smoke and heat detectors, Annunciators, strobe sounders, zone monitors, Flow switches, etc) as per the ‘to do’ list and PPM schedule based on manufacturers recommendation and IEE standard.
- Fire alarm system Main panels (Routine daily inspection on the main panel control display for status of field devices, detectors and manual switches) and support the fire cell of the security section for triggering of evacuation during
- Periodic fire Drill exercise
- Provide efficient support to the conference coordination section (CCS) of the
- UNECA based on event forecast forwarded from CCS by remotely switching on/off and monitoring the lighting and HVAC status both on regular and off working hours as deemed necessary.
- Replace the BACs and fire alarm system technicians in their absence to perform
- Operational and routine maintenance works as per the maintenance schedule.
- Supplying information on the location of fire alarm initiators to the security fire cell officers and concerned maintenance personnel. Acknowledging, silencing and resetting fire alarms on Fire Alarm panels. Assisting security officers in understanding the fire alarm system;
- Reset duct mounted fire dampers which close in the event of a fire alarm break out;
- Perform other related technical duties when requested by the superiors in the Facility
- Management Section ( FMS) of the UNECA .
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: FMS Fire Alarm and building Automation control system assitant G4
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 11 April 2023 – 17 April 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-205675-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- High school completion is required.
- Minimum One Years Experience.
How to Apply UNECA Fire Alarm and building Automation control system Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=205675
The Closing Date: 17th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.