UNECA Human Resources Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Human Resources Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 18th May 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Human Resources Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Scope Of Work: The candidate will be based in the Recruitment Services Unit (RSU), Human Resources Management Section (HRMS), Division of Administration (DoA), under the direct supervision of the HRO (Team Leader) and under the overall guidance of the Chief, Recruitment Services Unit. The Individual Contractor will be tasked with the following:
- Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements
- If they submitted the proper materials.
- For applicants who submit incomplete applications or who are ineligible (over age limit, no required degree, not citizen of African member State, etc.), file in a separate folder for recordkeeping.
- For applicants who meet eligibility criteria, create an excel to log all eligible/complete applications with some basic information about the applicant.
- Panel will review all eligible applicants and decide on the top 10 which are sent to MIF;
- MIF will review the top 10 and decides on the top 3 applicants and send to ECA;
- Panel interviews the top 3 applicants and makes a recommendation to AES for selection (AES may choose to also interview candidates if desired).
- Finalize the Panel’s interview report and prepare the selection memo. Support onboarding of MIF fellow, in coordination with the HR Partner. Work with the ECA division focal point for ECA fellows recruitment, receive applications, conduct preliminary assessment of candidates, prepare long/short list for review. Provide back up support for the RPMS system and transition of recruitment processes to the SSG project
- Any other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Human Resources Assistant
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 12 May 2023 – 18 May 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-208585-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of high school diploma is required. A university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Human Resources or administration or other relevant field or equivalent professional training is desirable. Excellent writing skills and IT skills is desirable.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in Administration, Human Resources, or related fields is required.
How to Apply UNECA Human Resources Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=208585
The Closing Date: 18th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.