UNECA Project Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Project Management Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 8th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Project Management Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of the Regional Integration and Trade Division (RITD), the Chief of the Regional Integration and Trade Division and the Team Leader of the AfCFTA-anchored Pharmaceutical Initiative, the Project Management Officer will have the responsibility to support the following activities:
- Support Member States in institutionalizing and operationalizing a CPPM for SRMNCH
- Plan project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Oversee the development of the project and ensure that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently.
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc) and prepare documents, reports, work programme and programme budget.
- Provide substantive support to consultative meetings and conferences, including by proposing agenda topics, identifying participants and preparing documents and presentations.
- Review the current procurement models and data systems available at the country level for the procurement of medicines and health products and offer recommendations to Eca Secretariat.
- Conduct research, examine best practices on pooled procurement of pharmaceutical products, and make appropriate recommendations to the ECA Secretariat.
- Consult with various stakeholders including relevant government agencies and other non-governmental national and international institutions working in similar subject areas.
- Report work progress to the ECA Technical lead officials on a regular basis and as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Project Management Officer
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 07 June 2023 – 13 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-210869-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in public health, medicine, social sciences, pharmacy, or other related fields. Courses certificates in logistics, essential drugs, health system strengthening, and financing would be an asset.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in logistics systems and pharmaceutical supplies management in the public sector. Extensive knowledge of supply management: forecasting, warehousing, distribution, transportation, and logistics information systems. Health sector-specific experience, including experience with public health systems in developing countries, health commodity supply market, logistics, and inventory management related to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies. Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures would be an asset.
How to Apply UNECA Project Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=210869
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.