UNECA Senior Medical Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Senior Medical Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 31, 2024.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on December 19, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Medical Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversees all aspects of managing a clinic including satellite clinics. This entails but is not limited to managing medical and non-medical personnel clinical issues, local policy development, recruiting, resourcing and budge control.
- Oversees the delivery of high-quality occupational health services in the UN workplace, including employment clearances, travel medicine services and travel clearances.
- Oversees the provision of workplace clinical services including primary care and emergency care, access to UN programmes such as PEP kits, and referral to local healthcare services.
- Oversees clinical practice in relation to in-person occupational health clinical reviews and examinations.
- Develops and oversees the delivery of occupational health and safety programs including workplace and home ergonomics programs and workplace safety and health risk assessments.
- Oversees and provides guidance on workplace (reasonable) accommodation requests with a medical component in line with UN policies.
- Oversees the delivery of workplace or general health promotion programs.
- Develops, exercises and provides a local emergency response / mass casualty capability integrated with local security plans.
- Advises on other aspects of health including public health relevant to the duty station, through liaison with the health authorities of the Host Country.
- Ensures quality in services by implementing quality control mechanisms and procedures, the use of published UN clinical guidelines, and adherence to patient safety and adverse event reporting requirements.
- Oversees the provision of recommendations or determinations related to medical entitlements.
- Oversees the completion of sick leave, including where required liaison with individual staff members, the medical services of UN Agencies in the duty stations and their healthcare providers to ensure effective sick leave management.
- Oversees the development and implementation of return-to-work programs where necessary.
- Monitors sick leave usage in conjunction with human resources staff and prepares and finalizes disability summaries and reports for the Medical Director and UNJSPF.
- Oversees medical evacuation and repatriation services where required.
- Provides advisory services to the UNCT/SMT in the duty station as and when needed.
- Undertakes mediation and informal dispute resolution related to medical entitlements, and where required represents the UNHCC in formal dispute resolution bodies such as medical boards or the UN Dispute Tribunal.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Senior Medical Officer
- Job Opening ID: 223656
- Job Network: Science
- Job Family: Medical
- Category and Level: Professional and Higher Categories, P-5
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Date Posted: Dec 18, 2023
- Deadline: Jan 31, 2024
- A first-level university degree that qualifies for registration as a licensed medical practitioner (MD, MBBS, MBChB or equivalent) and current unrestricted registration with the medical licensing authority of one of the Members States of the United Nations is required. Postgraduate qualification in a medical specialty is desirable. Postgraduate qualification in General Practice/Family Medicine or Occupational Health is desirable.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible clinical experience in one of the areas of medicine, including at least three years in occupational health field and tropical medicine, are required.
- Experience in hospital and/or clinic management, including budgeting, supervisory responsibilities and resource management are desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Senior Medical Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/223656?language=en
The Closing Date: January 31, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.