UNEP Air Quality Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Air Quality Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 19 May 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Air Quality Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Sub – Programme Coordinator for Environment Under Review who is the designated Project Coordinator and perform the following duties:
- To build a Community of Practice (CoP) to advance action and use it to deliver training and address gaps on air pollution in the Southern African region, building on the ongoing activities of UNEP and CCAC in the region that support national governments, strengthen capacity among experts, practitioners and stakeholders and drive collaborative action for air quality in key sectors and across national boundaries.
- To strengthen air quality monitoring, data management, emission inventories and applications in the region to achieve the expected results through provision of training, data management and support, as well as integration of the Africa Integrated Assessment’s recommendations into national planning.
- To support development of robust air quality management frameworks across all scales, and clean air solutions, that are adopted and implemented, building on the CCAC SNAP Initiative, Africa Integrated Assessment, African Union Air Quality Framework and the regional air quality framework agreement to support the 12 target countries.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree in information management, environmental assessment or environmental sciences is required. A relevant first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental information systems management, multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs), state of environment reporting, and in using environmental data and indicators is required. Knowledge of the air quality assessment and monitoring processes is an advantage.
- Knowledge of national, regional and inter-governmental organizations, processes and operations is an advantage. Strong analytical and writing skills are required for this position, as well as experience in facilitating meetings and workshops involving a wide range of stakeholders including government officials.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required. Working knowledge of other UN languages is also desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Air Quality Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.