UNEP Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 19 May 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer AMCEN Secretariat, the consultant will perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Review the AMCEN Constitution and the rules of procedure as well all past AMCEN decisions relating to the rules of procedure with the view to identifying gaps and areas that need to be updated.
- Review the practices of AMCEN in its meetings and deliberations, including, mode of meetings, membership, participation, voting arrangements, geographical scope, etc.
- Review the United Nations Environment Programme (as Secretariat of AMCEN) rules of procedure and the African Union rules and practices with the view to identify gaps and practices in order to update the AMCEN rules of procedure.
- Review the voting provisions as set out in part X and the general practices, with a view of identifying gaps in the election of AMCEN office holders and representatives.
- Carry out the necessary consultations with key stakeholders, including the United Nations Environment Programme, African Union Commission, and other relevant institutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in law, environmental policy or related field;
- At least 5 years’ experience including working with an international organization.
- Experience in handling conference procedures of international organizations is an added advantage.
- An ability to work in a team with good communication skills.
A good command of and fluency (oral and written) in English.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Chief of Section Jobs
- UNEP Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNON Nurse Jobs
- UNON Engineer Jobs
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs
- UNDRR Risk data Expert Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Great Lakes Researcher Jobs
- IRC Budget and Operations Manager Jobs
- CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs