UNEP Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Coordination Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Coordination Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the logistical planning of the sixth session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-6).
- Coordinate, supervise and carry out in a timely manner the logistical arrangements for UNEA-6.
- Lead the coordination with the United Nations Office in Nairobi (UNON), including the Division of Safety and Security, and other United Nations (UN) Agencies of all aspects of UNEA-6, including registration, security, protocol, and conference services.
- Coordinate with the Communication Division of UNEP on all communication and outreach activities and the design, including branding of the meeting rooms and drafting of supporting email broadcast messages. Oversee the content management of the UNEA website. Coordinate with relevant entities on the multilingual live streaming of the meetings of UNEA-6 and uploading of related documentation.
- Lead the coordination of all procurement matters for UNEA-6, including preparing, revising and updating terms of reference for procurement, ensuring timely submission, managing of vendors and contractors, and undertaking appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate the implementation of greening measures for UNEA-6 based on the United Nations (UN) environmental policies and standards for UN conferences.
- Advanced university degree (University degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, or environmental law, the natural sciences, the humanities, social sciences or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in sustainable development, diplomacy and international relations is required.
- Experience in the preparation of high-level meetings and/or conferences is required.
- Experience in liaising with UN-external contractors is desirable.
- Experience in the greening of large UN events is desirable.
- Experience with the United Nations or similar organizations procurement processes is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable”
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs