UNESCO Associate National Budget Officer Jobs 2024 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Associate National Budget Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 15, 2024.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on December 25, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate National Budget Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2024
Programme budgetary support
- Provide programmatic and budgetary input for extrabudgetary proposals, including support through the preparation of results-based budgets and budgets by category of expenditure.
- Provide regular budget monitoring updates to the regional team and participating countries under the O3 programme and O3PLUS project.
- Support the EHW Regional Advisors and country teams with preparation of budget operation requests, budget allotment revisions in line with donor agreements and budget revisions for donor approval in view of grant extensions.
- Support the EHW Regional Advisor with preparation of budgetary related reports and communication, when required, to the ROSA Administration Unit, BFM and BSP.
- Support the Regional Team in meetings with National Project Officers (NPOs) and ad hoc guidance to NPOs on budgetary related matters.
Programme planning and coordination
- Provide work planning support for the EHW unit by preparing and maintaining schedules on funds available per region and country for programme implementation.
- Prepare the country updates to ESA countries under O3 programme and O3PLUS project on expenditure levels across the various budget codes.
- Conduct periodic reviews on commitments eg contracts, fund reservations and staff missions to facilitate the liquidation of open financial commitments funds.
- Provide support to the Regional Advisor with analysis of regional and country level expenditure rates to ensure timely support to low implementation countries and identify solutions for effective funds utilization.
- Providing guidance and backstopping to ESA country teams in collaboration with the Regional Advisor, on matters related to budgets and funds utilization to ensure planned activities exhaust allocated funds within the set timeframes under O3 and O3PLUS programmes.
Position in Organization:
- Post Number: 6ZWED 0025PA
- Grade: NO-B
- Parent Sector: Field Office
- Duty Station: Harare
- Job Family: Education
- Type of contract: Project Appointment
- Duration of contract: 1 year
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 15-JAN-2024
- A first level degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Development Studies, Project Management.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of relevant work experience in an international organization, including administrative support roles on Education for Health and Wellbeing programmes.
- At least 2 (two) years’ experience in a role that involves budget formulation and financial reporting.
- Experience in budget development support in resource mobilization initiatives.
- UN experience (desirable).
- Confident, assertive communicator who can work comfortably with diverse groups of people and across all levels.
- Administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Budgeting and financial management skills.
- Networking and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and manage deadlines.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Reflective and open to learning.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English.
How to Apply UNESCO Associate National Budget Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job/Harare-Associate-National-Budget-Officer/784427102/
The Closing Date: January 15, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.