CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIFOR Kenya looking for “Senior Manager”. Applicants with a PhD in a relevant discipline may apply on or before 31 May 2023.
CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
The CIFOR has published a job vacancy announcement on 29 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CIFOR Job Vacancy 2023
Overview: The ideal Senior Manager, Programs and Research will be a compelling leader, able to foster and steer high quality initiatives at AWARD. He/she will provide robust professional and technical guidance for multi-faceted programs focused on the nexus between gender and agricultural research, environment and climate change, agricultural policy and practice in Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction, and technical support in the day-to-day program operations, production of high quality and timely deliverables in line with the work planning and allocated budgets.
- Lead AWARD’s engagement with national, regional and global agricultural research communities on issues of gender responsive agricultural research and development.
- Prepare comprehensive work plans, develop program budgets, and work closely with the Team to ensure cost-effective interventions and operations at AWARD.
- Lead the development of a robust research agenda and preparation of guidance materials, including toolkits and guidelines on gender responsive agriculture research and development.
- Work closely with the M&E and Communications units, to translate data, evidence, and learnings from AWARD programs into compelling narratives and action points for sharing with key stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in a relevant discipline, including agricultural economics, social sciences, gender studies, rural sociology, international development, rural development, or any related fields.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken, with proven drafting and editing skills. Fluency in French would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience working in the field of international development/organisational development with a focus on integrating gender dimensions into programs and policies, particularly in the context of agriculture, climate change, rural development, food security and nutrition.
- Internationally recognized expertise in gender and development research, preferably in the food and agriculture sphere.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in program design, implementation, management, and evaluation.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.