UNESCO Project Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNESCO Ethiopia looking for “Project Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 22nd April 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
UNESCO Project Officer Jobs 2023
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Project Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2023
Overview Of The Functions Of The Post: Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, with guidance from the Director of the Institute for Capacity Building in Africa (IICBA), and under the direct supervision of the IICBA Senior Education Programme Specialist; the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to UNESCO and IICBA’s work on Education for Health and Wellbeing (EHW) programmes in the Africa region and provide technical guidance at the African Union Continental Education Strategy for Africa (2016-2025) Thematic Clusters on Women and Girls Education; Life Skills and Career Guidance. The incumbent is also expected to work with in the framing of the “Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future” (O3) Programme to ensure effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of teacher training programs for EHW.
Position in Organization:
- PROJECT OFFICER
- Post Number : 6ETEDPA021CB
- Grade : P-3
- Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Job Family: Education
- Type of contract : Project Appointment
- Duration of contract : 1 year
- Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 22-APR-2023
- Advanced university degree (Masters, PhD preferred) in education, social sciences, public health, or closely related field(s).
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience, in one or more of the following themes: teacher training, curriculum development, HIV and sexuality education, health education, school health, nutrition, comprehensive sexuality education, or closely related areas.
- Experience in and understanding of the African Union region, the CESA (2016-25) and the education sector in African countries.
- Experience in health education programs, especially for adolescent sexual and reproductive health issues, and gender equality.
- Experience in teacher training, curriculum development.
- Experience with digital tools to train teachers on a large scale could be a desirable competency.
How to Apply UNESCO Project Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job/Addis-Ababa-Project-Officer-(Education-for-Health-and-Wellbeing)/768801602/
The Closing Date: 22nd April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.