UNHCR Assistant Public Health Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Assistant Public Health Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before February 07, 2024.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
UNHCR Assistant Public Health Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on January 25, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Public Health Officer to be based in Mbarara, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
Coordination and Partnership
- – Assist in the co-ordination of public health, reproductive health, nutrition and HIV activities within the Area of Responsibility (AOR) in support of the government’s responses and in conjunction with other UN agencies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and other partners, including development actors to ensure delivery of public health and nutrition services to beneficiaries (POC and host community) meet UNHCR and /or nationally recognised and most up-to-date standards and policies.
- – With support from the supervisor, support the Operation to define the level and scope of UNHCR’s involvement in public health and nutrition responses in terms of overall and operational objectives during emergency situations and beyond.
- – In line with the Global Compact on Refugees work with governments and humanitarian and development partners to ensure a complementary approach to meet the health needs of POCs.
- – Represent UNHCR in health coordination and other meetings including inter-sectoral groups such as Technical Working Groups for MHPSS and nutrition.
- – Engage in relevant partnership fora, including in line with UNHCR’s role as a UNAIDS co-sponsor of the Joint Programme on AIDS and co-lead with WFP of the Division of Labour area of HIV in Humanitarian Settings.
- – Support operational collaboration with WFP including the implementation of Joint Assessment Missions and corresponding Joint Plans of Action in line with global commitments on targeting of assistance to meet basic needs and data sharing to support assistance distribution (in collaboration with programme and protection colleagues),
- – Support emergency responses to new refugee influxes or outbreaks or other situations in line with the Public Health Emergency Toolkit and UNHCR’s Emergency Handbook and the SPHERE Handbook.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2435717
- Location: Mbarara, Uganda
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- MS-Monitoring & Evaluation
- MD-Public Health Epidemiology
- MD-Reproductive Health
- MD-Community Health – Health Data Collection/Analysis/Interpretation
- UN-UNHCR’s Mandate/Policy and Global Strategic Priorities
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Public Health Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 07, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.