UNHCR Nutrition and Food Security Associate Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Nutrition and Food Security Associate“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 23rd April 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 8th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition and Food Security Associate to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Support the design and implementation of nutrition and food security programmes based on up-to-date assessment and identification of needs in support of national health systems.
- Support the planning and implementation of UNHCR Standardized Expanded Nutrition Surveys, joint food security assessments with WFP and partners.
- Support staff and partners to implement the Health Information Systems, SENS data base, Post Distribution Monitoring.
- Analyse and interpret related nutrition, food security and health data for reporting and advocacy and support the exchange and analysis of information on nutrition and food security at the national level with government and other partners.
- Provide technical assistance on nutrition and food security to UNHCR’s staff and partners.
- Advise on matters related to procurement of sector-related materials and equipment, and regular update on new development and specifications of such items.
- Work with stakeholders, including UN agencies, NGOs, Ministries of Health and academic institutions in the development of Nutrition and food security plans associated with refugee movements (including in repatriation programmes).
- Maintain and update contingency plans for potential outbreaks, refugee and returnee movements.
- Advocate with government and partners for refugees, returnees and other POC¿s access to local public health and nutrition services as well as for their inclusion as a specific group in government policies, plans and social protection programmes.
- Undertake and/or support capacity strengthening of UNHCR and its implementing partners to ensure the technical integrity of nutrition and food security programmes in a co-ordinated, multi-sectoral way.
- Ensure close coordination with other humanitarian actors involved in nutrition, food security and related areas.
- Undertake regular missions to camps in order to support, monitor and evaluate the implementation of nutrition activities to ensure quality services.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Nutrition & Food Security Associate
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2316786
- Deadline: 23rd April 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma with 3 years relevant experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Nutrition and Food Security Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Nutrition—Food-Security-Associate_JR2316786-1
The Closing Date: 23rd April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.