UNHCR Project Manager Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Project Manager“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 14, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on June 07, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Manager to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
- Oversee and provide technical support on project implementation of the projects.
- Serve as UNHCR focal person for both CERF-UFE and Spotlight Initiative (SLI).
- Make regular field visits to provide support to UNHCR implementing partners/responsible parties, carrying specific activities within the projects in the various settlements (six in total).
- Give inputs to quarterly progress reports and contribute to the drafting of Annual and final project reports.
- Ensure regular follow up with different stakeholders involved in the implementation of project activities, including revision of their deliverables and results and make proposals to the Senior SGBV Officer for effective implementation to maximize impact of the projects in the field.
- Maintain regular communication and extend technical support to economic empowerment initiatives conducted by girls and women.
- Conduct systematic monitoring and reporting of UNHCR’s project implementation, CERF-UFE and Spotlight Initiative programme implementation.
- Provide inputs to consolidate quarterly progress and drafting support to narrative and annual reports.
- Maintain close communication with project beneficiaries, consultants, IPs and institutional contractors.
- Identify/monitor risks that could interfere with programme delivery and design mitigation measures.
- Synthesize and document project activities, success stories and lessons learned.
- Coordinate and participate in the mid-term review and evaluation in collaboration with participating UN agencies and local partners.
- Develop a plan for sustainability of the activities initiated under the two projects and brief the operation on how this will be implemented after the end of the two projects.
- Coordinate with all project parties and partners involved in project implementation.
- Organize and participate in programme activities including preparation of background documents and minutes taking.
- Organize key advocacy/awareness raising events in coordination with relevant colleagues in coordination with UNHCR’s Senior SGBV Officer and other partners as applicable.
- Maintain close relationship with key stakeholders (state and non-state) and ensure adequate information flow on related activities by the UN.
- Under the supervision of UNHCR’s Senior SGBV Officer, support planning and implementation of joint advocacy activities for greater visibility of programme achievements according to the guidelines of CERF Secretariat, EU and UN.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Project Manager
- Project: GBV
- Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
- Section/Unit: Protection Unit
- ICA Level: IICA2
- Corresponding level: P3/NOC
- Duration: from 01/07/2023 to 31/12/2023
- Supervisor: GBV Officer, Sibo MUTANGUHA
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development, human rights, Law, gender equality, social sciences or other related areas.
- At least 2 years (with master’s degree) and 3 years (with bachelor’s degree or equivalent) relevant professional experience including at least 1 year in the field experience in SGBV prevention and response, broader protection or social work involving empowerment of women and girls, gender, child protection, mental health, counselling and working with survivors, humanitarian and development issues. Experience working in protection of refugees in displacement settings and coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes.
- Strong experience in interacting with and building partnerships and synergies with UN agencies, NGOs and civil society organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively work and communicate with people in a multi-cultural environment.
- Raining design and facilitation skills of SGBV, gender and protection related learning is desirable.
- Demonstrated capacities in monitoring and reporting on SGBV and or protection is desirable.
- Fluency in English with excellent drafting and analytical skills is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of working in SGBV sector of Uganda is an asset.
How to Apply UNHCR Project Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: June 14, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.