UNHCR Supply Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNHCR South Sudan looking for “Supply Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 21st December 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Supply Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Analyse the existing infrastructure and ensure that it is optimally aligned with the operational needs.
- Support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, asset and fleet management in the operation.
- Support the procurement process to ensure timely, cost-effective and adequate delivery of commodities and services to support operational needs.
- Contribute to the development of relevant contacts and build constructive relations with government authorities, implementing partners, UN agencies and others, to foster mutual cooperation for the timely delivery of relief items avoiding bottlenecks.
- Adapt standard supply chain structures to the local environment that are consistent with the operational needs.
- Guide the office should they need additional office space or extensions to their office leases, lease hold improvements or other construction. Carry out the procurement aspect of the establishment of office leases or extensions.
- Assist in the coordination with CBI stakeholders the design and implementation of the market assessment and market monitoring to determine if CBI is option. Carry out the procurement action to contract Financial Service Providers (FSP).
- Establish and maintain an efficient and skilled workforce that is capable of supporting on-going operations.
- Support the Identification of partners for supply chain projects based on objectives, priorities, strengths and resources of the Partner and/or contractor, according to criteria consistent with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Participate in Identifying, assessing and selecting vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, increases efficiency safeguards the investment of the organisation.
- Analyse the quality of commodities and services delivered in relation to the needs of the location and established quality standards.
- Support the coordination activities of Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Maintain an up-to-date overview of the location’s supply chain capacity and preparedness, as well as, that of its partners to ensure that adequate capacity exist also to cover emergencies.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making
- Implement supply operations based on interpretations of the situation and conclusions to how the operation can be best implemented.
- Resolve difficulties in the local supply chain by finding solutions to problems and bottlenecks, and provide regular reports on supply chain activities, the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt process and documents to the prevailing environment.
- Depending on the size of the operation act as ex-officio in the LCC Review and clear procurement cases for the relevant procurement authority.
Years of Experience/ Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Supply Chain Management;
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Certificate from Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies, e.g. CFIPS, CMIPS, MCIPS;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNHCR Supply Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US………
The Closing Date: 21st December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.