UNICEF Education Program Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Ethiopia looking for “Education Program Consultant”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before December 25, 2023.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on December 12, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Education Program Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/ tasks:
- Advocate for the creation of the CESA cluster on FLN and represent UNICEF in policy discussions on education to advance FLN agenda
- Perform quality reviews on guidance notes and tools drafted by the Senior Education Consultant at AUC Education Department for AU member states regarding planning and budgeting for FLN in education sector plans.
- Organize in collaboration with the AU, the Global Coalition on FLN and other partners policy advocacy events to raise awareness and generate actions to advance FLN in AU member States. This includes mobilizing AU Member States to sign up the FLN global commitments
- Mobilize and coordinate UNICEF inputs and feedback to AU continental strategies, projects and programs in the sector of education with focus on FLN
- Ensure effective representation and contribution of UNICEF, the Global Coalition on FLN in Education continental organized by the AU or other major Education partners. This includes meeting of the Specialized Technical Committees (STC), Experts meetings, workshops, or Symposium. As such, the incumbent is expected to gather intelligence and disseminate information to the relevant internal networks regarding such upcoming events.
- Work with UNICEF Regional Office towards maintaining data on key education indicators in line with AU education priorities (Statistics dashboard, case studies, research papers etc…)
- Under the Leadership of the Department of Education, provide technical assistance for capacity building of AU Member States on Education planning and budgeting including webinars, workshops, exchange visits etc…
- Serve as UNICEF technical focal point in the AU steering committee on the implementation of the AU Year of Education 2024 annual roadmap
- Build and maintain partnerships with FLN stakeholders including the Global Coalition, UNESCO GEMR, PAL, ADEA and other key partners to the AUC.
Position in Organization:
- International – Education Program Consultant
- Job no: 568162
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Ethiopia
- Categories: Education
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 8 [Eight] years of relevant professional experience in Education Policy and Program planning at a continental context.
- Prior experience working with the African Union or any other African continental organization in a considerable advantage,
- Track records in scientific research in Education sector or another social science field especially in foundational learning in a great asset
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply UNICEF Education Program Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/568162
The Closing Date: December 25, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.