UNICEF Finance Officer Jobs 2024 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Finance Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 04 January 2024.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 12 December 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
How can you make a difference?
The Finance Officer reports to the Accounting and Finance Manager for close guidance, training and supervision. The Finance Officer is responsible for providing support to the supervisors and colleagues in the office by administering and executing a variety of professional and technical financial transactions and processes, applying theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, objectives, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to complete the tasks.
- Review budget expenditures according to allotment and codes and verify compliance with guidelines and procedures. Keep stakeholders informed for timely action.
- Prepare and/or monitor financial exception reports to assess unusual activities and transactions, investigate anomalies, and keep the supervisor informed for timely action.
- Review financial and reputational risks in the transactions carried out by the office and raise flags when action is needed by management.
- Where applicable, support PSFR activities on budget preparation, strategic income projection/ reporting, setting and monitoring performance indicators, revenue and expense reporting, and provide technical advice during strategic planning exercises.
- An advanced university degree in accounting, financial management, or another related financial field is required. A diploma qualification in CIPFA or its equivalent is an asset.
- A minimum of five (5 years) years of professional experience in financial management or audit is required.
- Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is an asset.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Finance Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 04 January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.