UNICEF Programme Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Programme Assistant”. Applicants with a Completion of secondary education may apply on or before 16 June 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
- Monitoring and reporting of budget related key performance indicators for the Unit. Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION, ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and making amendments and alterations as per unit revisions, when necessary and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Liaise and coordinate with Other HQ teams, divisions, regional and country offices on budget management tasks, including specific support to the daily management of the Funds.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Arrange meetings (in person and virtual) for the team, prepare agenda, take meeting minutes and coordinate specific follow-up, as needed
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of secondary education in public administration, finance, international relations, political science, or another relevant technical field is required.
- A minimum of five years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- General Service Staff are recruited locally. Candidates must be in possession of an existing visa/work permit or be a resident/citizen of Kenya and/or a commuting area to be considered eligible for this position
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Programme Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.