UNICEF Senior Education Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Ethiopia looking for “Senior Education Consultant”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before December 25, 2023.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on December 12, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Education Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/ tasks:
- In coordination with Global Coalition, UNESCO GEMR, PAL, ADEA and other key partners to the AUC, lead the design of an FLN strategy as part of the Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA 2016-2025) currently under review and an accompanying roadmap and advocacy campaign strategy
- Design tangible programs in FLN to address the literacy and numeracy outcomes and demonstrate them in at least each region in Africa
- Work with the Education Division, ESTI to develop a Policy Guideline and tools for AU Member States on foundational Learning. Organize AU policy advocacy events to raise awareness and generate actions to advance FLN in AU member States, and work with the AUC to mobilize AU Member States to translate FLN commitments into action
- Advise on effective mainstreaming of FLN across all AU education portfolio, Girls Education, TVET, and early learning
- Be part of the delegation to represent the AU in various FLN platforms and events on the continent and beyond, draft relevant report for implementation and undertake any other assignment related to the education portfolio as deemed appropriate by the Head of Education Division, Department of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation, AUC.
- Facilitate FLN Advocacy Hub and other partners to ensure an aligned approach to FLN during the AU Year of Education and promote countries with promising FNL practices for profiling and cross learning
- Generate, maintain, and disseminate data and knowledge on implementation of FLN in AU Member States (Statistics dashboard, case studies, research papers and facilitate in convening data driven decision making
- Organize capacity building events for AU Member States on FLN including webinars, workshops, exchange visits and track impact brought by the capacity building.
Position in Organization:
- International – Senior Education Consultant
- Job no: 568151
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Ethiopia
- Categories: Education
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 8 [Eight] years of relevant professional experience in Education Policy and Program planning at a continental context.
- Prior experience working with the African Union or any other African continental organization in a considerable advantage,
- Track records in scientific research in Education sector or another social science field especially in foundational learning in a great asset
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply UNICEF Senior Education Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/568151
The Closing Date: December 25, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.