UNICEF WASH Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Ethiopia looking for “WASH Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 24th December, 2023.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of WASH Officer to be based in Gode, Ethiopia.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Summary of key functions/ accountabilities:
Programme development and planning
- Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results. Research and report on trends in WASH, for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results, as well as related strategies, through analysis of WASH sector needs and priorities.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support progress towards the WASH-related outcome and/or output results in the country programme.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate review and approval processes.
Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation, and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews, and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative, and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations/procedures, donor commitments, standards of accountability, and integrity.
- Report on issues identified to enable timely resolution by management/stakeholders.
- Prepare inputs for sectoral progress reports for management, donors, and partners including the weekly updates, monthly situation reports, and bi-annual RAM reporting.
- Supporting UNICEF WASH Partners with technical, financial, and administrative processes in program implementation.
Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, collect, and share reports with partners/stakeholders. Report critical issues, bottlenecks, and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
- Help organize and support field missions for monitoring, donor visits, and media visits including security and logistic arrangements.
- Participate in WASH programme meetings, to review progress, with government, other sector agencies and implementation partners, involved at various stages of WASH programme implementation, to provide expert advice and guidance.
- Support drafting policy papers, briefs, and other strategic materials for use by management, donors, UNICEF regional offices and headquarters.
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 568118
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Duty Station: Gode
- Level: NO-2
- Location: Ethiopia
- Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
- A University Degree preferably in Civil Engineering, Public Health, or a related field and/or WASH disciplines.
- At least 2 (two) years of progressively responsible experience in WASH and/or a related field with significant experience at the field level.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply UNICEF WASH Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/568118
The Closing Date: 24th December, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children CPIMS Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Senior Program Manager Jobs 2023
- Nutrition International Senior Communications Specialist Jobs 2024
- ISS Programme Head Jobs 2024
- ISS Senior Researcher Jobs 2024
- NRC HR and Administration Team Leader Jobs 2023
- NRC HR and Administration Officer Jobs 2023