UNISFA Gender Affairs Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNISFA South Sudan looking for “Gender Affairs Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 20th June 2023.
The United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA) is a United Nations peacekeeping force in Abyei, which is contested between the Republic of Sudan and the Republic of South Sudan. UNISFA was approved on 27 June 2011 by the United Nations Security Council in United Nations Security Council Resolution 1990 after a flareup in the South Kordofan conflict earlier in June 2011.
The UNISFA has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th June 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Gender Affairs Officer to be based in Abyei, South Sudan.
UNISFA Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Office of the Chief of Staff/Principal Officer of the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA), duty station Abyei. The incumbent will report directly to the Chief of Staff/Principal Officer or their designate.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in development studies, social studies in International Relations, Human Rights Law, Gender Studies, or in a related area. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible policy advice and programme management experience related to the promotion of gender equality particularly with international organizations in conflict or post-conflict settings is required.
- Proven expertise for integrating gender perspectives into mainstream policies or programmes is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the work of the United Nations, particularly in peacekeeping; Expertise in the field of International Relations and/or Women’s’ Rights, International Human Rights Law is required, together with a thorough understanding of the concepts and practices related to gender issues, particularly gender mainstreaming and sexual and gender-based violence.
- Experience working in or in support of a field operation of the United Nations Common System or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNISFA Gender Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=211084
The Closing Date: 20th June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNISFA Conduct and Discipline Officer Jobs 2023
- UNOPS HSSE Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Air Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
- NRC Protection Cluster Roving Field Coordination Advisor Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Transport Assistant Jobs 2023