United Nations Secretariat Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat Ethiopia looking for “Administrative Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 10th May 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Principal Political Affair Officer (PPAO) or his/her designate, the incumbent will provide administrative support in managing priorities, information and workflow within the section. The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Receive and screen all correspondence and other documents addressed to the Principa Political Affairs Officer (PPAO) Draft/respond to correspondence and e-mails; Review/Edit outgoing correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness of information and institute follow up action.
- Make photocopies as necessary;
- Prepare and monitor the office personnel leave plans to ensure continuous smooth work flow while other staff members are on leave, especially during holiday periods;
- Consolidate monthly requests for office supplies for the section;
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system;
- Make bookings for official travel;
- Organize and coordinate seminars and conferences;
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor;
- May provide assistance in the preparation and development of the office’s work program and budget
- May assist managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to confirm (a) that correct objects code of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds;
- May assist in finalization of budget performance reports with attention given to variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5
- Job Code Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Department/Office: Office of the Special Envoy for Sudan and South Sudan
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 11 April 2023 – 10 May 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Administration-OSESSS-206568-R-Addis Ababa (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Certificate education.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, budget, accounting, audit, human resources or related areas is required.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=206568
The Closing Date: 10th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.