United Nations Secretariat Legal Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat Kenya looking for “Legal Assistant”. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 01 July 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Legal Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Legal Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Reviews, verifies and processes legal instruments, ensuring conformity to relevant guidelines and requirements; extracts key data and update database; monitors requisite follow-up actions, approvals, etc.
- Drafts, edits and conducts final check for accuracy of a variety of specialized documentation and related correspondence.
- Manages individual case files, maintaining and updating detailed “docket sheets” and ensuring that all related correspondence and other documentations are appropriately filed, registered and followed up as necessary.
- Independently handles a variety of relatively complex verbal and written inquiries from internal and external parties, including providing detailed information on processes and procedures related to a range of legal activities, instruments, issues, etc.
- Provides technical assistance for meetings arrangements and servicing.
- Coordinates meetings, ensuring timely receipt of legal instruments and other requisite documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in paralegal work, conference servicing, general office support or related area is required.
- Experience in providing paralegal support on disciplinary matters is desirable.
- Experience in research and preparation of legal documents in the United Nations or other international organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Legal Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.