United Nations Secretariat Publishing Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat Kenya looking for “Publishing Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 16 March 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Publishing Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
- Directs the work of the DTP Unit to ensure that supplies of proof paper, plotter inks, direct image plates, chemicals and film are available in adequate quantities at all times by ensuring that the Reproduction Supervisor and Administration Assistant are fulfilling requests for these items in UMOJA along with UNON Contracts and Procurement Section.
- Monitors stock levels on usage of supplies; and ensures that requisition requests are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with the Financial Rules and Regulations and purchasing procedures of the Organization;
- Prepares financial and technical analyses of bids submitted for the supplies;
- Coordinates the input of data with regard to the supplies inventory in order to provide information in PrintPak of the total amount of supplies used for work done in the DTP Unit.
- Provides written information on the PrintPak job ticket sheets about the supplies used and time taken to perform DTP Unit work and ensures other DTP Staff are providing data regarding their work.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a publishing discipline e.g., graphic communications management, print management and digital media technology management or management e.g., business administration, public administration or related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with at least two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of managerial experience in either printing, graphic design and/or multimedia, including four years at the international level is required.
- Experience in electronic management of workflow; computer assisted printing and publishing technologies is required.
- Experience in publishing workflows and content management systems is required.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Publishing Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.