UNMISS Associate Information Management Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Associate Information Management Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 29th December 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Associate Information Management Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Management Team Leader, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Review and clean-up data; In coordination with other information management and information technology specialists, maintain the database system for classifying and storing confidential information.
- Collect and collate information from multiple sources.
- Populate database with collected information.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to information management.
- Act as focal point for JMAC database, in terms of liaison with IT Help Desk and database service provider.
- Provide users with first level support (Tier 0 support) and escalation to second level support (Tier 1) in accordance with the Mission’s maintenance support policy.
- Provide support to analysts (including visualizing the information, either thematically or geographically; developing database queries; prepare quantitative analysis).
- Turn data and general ideas into well-designed products with the guidance of senior staff and clients.
- Develop corporate visualization solutions derived from multiple data sources using state-of-the-art tools to enable insight and decision-making at various levels.
- Develop report templates and branding materials for reporting purposes; Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner; Develop documentation.
- Assist with data, visualization and analytics related problems and support.
Under the supervision of Electoral Officer – Voter Registration/ICT, the UN Volunteer will assist the Electoral Affairs Division to undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support relating to the design of customized software/systems/databases,
- Development of software specifications that prescribe solutions to the requirements, and the design of databases and software systems to the national counterparts such as the National Election Commission.
- Develop visualization solutions using myriad of data sources to enable insight and decision-making at various levels.
- Develop standardized and ad-hoc reports; Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required education level:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Management Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 3 years of experience in software requirements elicitation and documentation, collation, extraction, transformation, analysis and reporting of data from multiple databases.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Duration: 4 months (with possibility of extension)
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Associate Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1743509257432320
The Closing Date: 29th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.