UNMISS Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Facilities Management Assistant“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 07th June 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th May 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Facilities Management Assistant to be based in Bor, South Sudan.
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Administrative Officer, Reporting directly the day-to-day management of a UN base and provision of support to Mission Support Department (MSD) clients.
- Support Field Administrative Officer (FAO) by working with different relevant sections to build the capacity of UNMISS facility management while ensuring compliance to Safety & Security rules and regulations.
- Assist the FAO by providing suggestions on allocating of offices/accommodations space for UN agencies in UNMISS camp.
- Coordinate and supervise delivery of services from third party contractors. Ensure submission of accommodation occupancy reports on a weekly/monthly basis; operate the accommodation allocation database by verifying the priority date and data entering into the system.
- Arranging repairs and maintenance of the facilities; create and submit Engineering Work Request to Engineering section and follow up or monitor work in progress.
- Ensure all GSS related supply items are available and accessible to clients; Oversee and ensure distributions of services and equipment are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner.
- Overlook the safety of the camp from both hygienic and security perspective. Environmental issues will be the core of these activities when dealing with the garbage and used water Monitor and support the coordination of services and assistance in the camp; ensure that the services delivered promote hygiene and occupational safety for all staff and camp residents.
- Facilitate and monitor the fumigation and pest control activities done by contractor.
- Contribute to the analysis of camp situation and staff members’ needs, dynamics and resources by regular visits to different sites in the camp.
- Maintain inventory of equipment in the Facilities Management and Welfare Units. Coordinate Cargo Movement Requests and Supplies from HQ. Any other duties assign by the Field Administrative Officer (FAO)
Required education level:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Administration, Facility management or Engineering
- 5 years of experience in Facility, camp and compound maintenance and management Mandatory. Minimum years of experience required can be shortened to 3 years for relevant Master’s degree holders.
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated high level of computer proficiency, including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software is Mandatory.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience with the implementation of a Flexible Workspace Management is desirable.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development and the UN System.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Age Limit: 27 – 80 Years
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1725278932477184
The Closing Date: 07th June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNMISS Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2023
- DRC Head of Support Services Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Mission Planning Officer Jobs 2023
- UNDP Project Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNDP Driver Jobs 2023
- NRC Protection and Gender Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Livelihood and Food Security Officer Jobs 2023