UNMISS Human Rights Officer Jobs 2024 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Human Rights Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 04th January 2024.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Human Rights Officer to be based in Malakal, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2024
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) with duty station, MALAKAL. The incumbent reports to the Coordinator of the MALAKAL Field Office, under the overall guidance and direction of the Deputy Director of the Human Rights Division (HRD).
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in law, political science, international relations, social sciences, information systems management or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in human rights monitoring and investigation, political affairs, international relations, law or related area is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in UN field locations is required.
- At least one year experience in leading and conducting human rights in-depth investigations and fact-finding missions in the field is required.
- Experience in organizing and managing a large volume of information, including of sensitive nature and to provide analytical reports on the same is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Job Opening ID: 224380
- Job Network: Political, Peace and Humanitarian
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Human Rights Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription………
The Closing Date: 04th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.