UNMISS Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Coordination Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 21st December 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Coordination Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Under the direct supervision of the Liaison Officer, the Coordination Officer will work in the Field Support Office, Office of the Chief, supporting the implementation of the decentralized mission approach in coordination with all relevant actors. The UN Volunteer’s first reporting officer will be the Liaison Officer, and the Second Reporting Officer will be the Head of the Field Support Office.
The UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assists in developing tools and guidelines, consolidates data and reports on the implementation of integrated substantive support to field offices and provides secretariat functions to various meetings on issues pertaining to the functions of the Field Support Office. Works with Field Offices to facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned projects.
- Consolidates and analyses monthly Field Office reports.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and supporting programmatic activities of the Field Offices where Mission headquarters involvement and coordination is needed.
- Assists and supports other substantive sections in having a consistent and coherent approach to the Mission operations at the field level.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of issues and activities relevant to the support of the Field Offices, etc., to include collecting, analyzes and presenting information gathered from diverse sources.
- Monitors and analyzes specific aspects of project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracking follow-up actions.
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends that may impact the work of the decentralized mission.
- Assists in identifying problems/issues and prepares preliminary solutions and assists in developing action plans to manage the changes needed in collaboration with the Field Offices.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g., draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, and inputs to publications.
- Performs other tasks as required, including assisting the Office of Chief of Staff.
Required education level:
- Master degree or equivalent in Social Science/ International Relations/ Political Science/ Law/ Business or similar discipline.
- 3 years of experience in operational planning, project management and monitoring.
- Possesses excellent analytical, advisory and coordination skills.
- Is able to identify emerging issues and use sound judgment in resolving complex problems.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments.
- Adjusts priorities as required.
- Possesses excellent communication and drafting skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1734199981039872
The Closing Date: 21st December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.