UNOCHA South Sudan looking for “Administrative Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 11th January 2024.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is a United Nations (UN) body established in December 1991 by the General Assembly to strengthen the international response to complex emergencies and natural disasters. It is the successor to the Office of the United Nations Disaster Relief Coordinator (UNDRO).
The UNOCHA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOCHA Job Vacancy 2024
Org. Setting and Reporting: The position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division (OAD), Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). OCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts. OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, human resources management, or related area is required.
- Relevant experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- Experience in a humanitarian context in the UN Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the region (North-East Africa) is desirable.
- French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Job Opening ID: 223638
- Job Network: Management and Administration
- Job Family: Administration
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOCHA Administrative Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/job………
The Closing Date: 11th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.