UNOPS Communications Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNOPS South Sudan looking for “Communications Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 04th May 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th April 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
The Communications Officer shall be responsible among others the following;
Strategic Communications and Reporting
- Provide support on all communications activities of the social protection projects in line with the project’s communication strategy and in coordination with the World Bank Community Engagement Specialist and in line UNOPS corporate policies and procedures;
- Act as ‘brand guardian’ by developing, overseeing and having editorial oversight of all public materials, including the website, presentations, proposals and reports;
- Plan and implement a reporting/communications plan for all internal and external communications for the project;
- In conjunction with project personnel, and the Senior Project Manager, ensure the timely delivery of progress reports to the donor and project partners in compliance with grant and coordination requirements;
- Maintain regular contacts with all project teams to ensure timely and accurate data relating to the progress of works;
- In close consultation with the country office Communications Specialist, provide specific and direct communication support to each project’s field location as required;
- Ensure adherence to internal reporting mechanisms;
- Ensure the implementation of the communications and visibility plan including the production of project’s factsheet and other visibility materials including the timely distribution of press releases when required;
- Coordinate regularly with the UNOPS’ Communications Specialist, the World Bank Communications Team and other internal stakeholders to ensure the timely update of project related information;
- Prepare briefing notes for internal and external audiences on ELRP performance and other issues, as and when required;
- Ensure rapid and information dissemination relating to the organizational policies, guidelines and directives to the project personnel;
- Lead the implementation of the project communication strategy, in coordination with communication teams of the World Bank and the Ministry of Agriculture, to raise the profile and visibility of the project;
- Develop communications materials and facilitate actions in line with the project communication to publicize project results and achievements, including through press releases, interviews, social media, video clips etc.
Capacity building and support
- Ensure that project personnel are provided with professional expertise and advice on all aspects of external relations communication for the project as required. More Details Visit Official Notification.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Business Administration, Political/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Business Administration, Political/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline combined with two (2) additional years of work experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in communications and media related work;
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures an advantage;
- Experience of working in conflict or post-conflict environments highly desirable;
- Experience working in South Sudan is desirable.
- Fluent in English language i.e writing, reading and speaking is required.
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5304/25748
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, South Sudan
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOPS Communications Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy………
The Closing Date: 04th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNMISS Movement Control Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Contingent Owned Equipment Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO Communications Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Project Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNDP Human Resources Analyst Jobs 2023
- IFDC County Manager Jobs 2023
- UNOCHA Associate Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023