UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Partnerships Advisor”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 05th February, 2024.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Partnerships Advisor to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2024
- Advise Office Senior Management Team on implementation of the partnerships strategy.
- Advise and support Office Senior Management Team throughout the project development planning process, including definition of high-priority partners, countries, sectors and service areas.
- Research and analyze specific donor strategies, programming priorities and political situations in order to identify potential funding opportunities appropriate to UNOPS’s strategy and mandate.
- Drive a disciplined approach across the partnerships functions to project and programme development which balances costs, risk, revenues and beneficiary impact within the mandate and spirit of the UN and UNOPS’ Pricing Policy.
- Develop and model the high standards of partnership positioning and development necessary to inspire and guide the partnerships officers in their work.
- Work closely with communications to ensure the external positioning of UNOPS Office is aligned with the Office Strategy and Partnerships Plan.
- Participate and lead in key partnership-building meetings and negotiations with donors and clients, ensuring that cost-effective and mutually beneficial terms are achieved for UNOPS’ services while ensuring systematic and timely follow-up on agreed actions.
- Coordinate, advise, mentor and coach relevant partnerships and programme personnel at country, programme and project ensure aligned and coherent interactions with partners.
- Connect and collaborate with other peer, regional and HQ levels of partnerships to stay in touch with good practices and share and build UNOPS capabilities in partnerships development.
- Facilitate and/ or manage and lead meetings between Office management and key government representatives as and when required.
- Plan and facilitate high-level meetings between UNOPS senior management and sub-regional/ country-level partners, including during key events such as conferences and other fora.
- Support partners in examining available options for effective project implementation and achievement of results while promoting national ownership.
- Showcase the Office’s capabilities and set Office standards for developing and distributing corporate communication materials, capacity statements and success stories which enhance clients’ understanding of the impact of various services provided and/ or delivered by UNOPS.
- As delegated, participate in meetings with senior government counterparts on behalf of UNOPS and represent the Country/ Multi-Country Director in meetings and negotiations with partners as required.
- Participate in inter-agency planning and cluster meetings for the UN System development and humanitarian plans.
- Contribute at the sub-regional/ country level to the harmonization of policies, practices and approaches within the UN System, including the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF).
Position in Organization:
- Job title: Partnerships Advisor
- Job categories: Partnerships
- Vacancy code: VA/2024/B5333/27314
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-11
- Duration: Ongoing Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Application period: 23-Jan-2024 to 05-Feb-2024
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communication or International Relations and or other related field is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communication or International Relations and or other related field in combination with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree above.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in partnerships development, resource mobilization, and donor and external relations within international development, post-disaster and/or emergency / humanitarian contexts, including accountabilities related to: development and execution of partnerships and programme development plans, project development and proposal writing, and acquisition of projects is required.
- Project and programme management experience is an asset.
- Fluency in written, spoken and reading English is required.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UN languages is an advantage.
How to Apply UNOPS Partnerships Advisor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=27314#1
The Closing Date: 05th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- IRC MHNT Midwife Officer Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Partnerships reporting and Liaison Coordinator Jobs 2024
- CRS Regional Finance Officer Jobs 2024
- SNV Regional Office Manager Jobs 2024
- SNV Irrigation Social Organizational and Safeguarding Advisor Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Senior Humanitarian Manager Jobs 2024
- Save The Children Project Manager Jobs 2024