UNOPS Procurement Senior Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Procurement Senior Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Procurement Senior Officer Jobs 2023
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 31st May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Senior Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Senior Officer shall perform the following duties including, but not limited to:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; internal controls and client orientation.
- Implementation of the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and
- Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions;
- Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
- Implementation of strategic procurement for projects assigned in the Business Unit.
- Research undertaken and data provided for Business Unit’s supply market intelligence and analysis.
- Sustainability embedded along the procurement process.
- Timely and duly prepared procurement plans for projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Establishment of Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures in compliance with the Procurement Policy.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ,
- ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Awards recommended based on UNOPS procurement rules and procedures.
- Management of procurement contracts, analysis of contract performance against agreed benchmarks and pre-established reporting mechanisms.
- Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Programme Managers on procurement issues related to the procurement process and project cycle.
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers.
- Utilization of-sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Groups’ goals and standards in this area.
Position in Organization:
- Procurement Senior Officer
- Job categories: Procurement
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5333/26108
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-9
- Duration: Ongoing Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
- Application period: 31-May-2023 to 13-Jun-2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) or equivalent in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Management, Business/Public Administration or related fields is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management is required.
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value is desirable.
- Experience in UNOPS procurement work procedure & system. with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is added advantage.
- Experience in procuring high-value requirements(experience in establishing long-term supply contracts would be an advantage);
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
How to Apply UNOPS Procurement Senior Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=26108
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.