UNOPS Quantity Surveyor Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Zambia looking for “Quantity Surveyor“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelors Degree may apply on or before 26th April 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th April 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Quantity Surveyor to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and under direct supervision of the Deputy Manager, the Quantity Surveyor will perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager and, Engineers in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks and developing integrated bid documentations.
- Undertake market surveys, build up rates, develop BoQs and engineers’ estimates, specifications and related documents and ensure they meet quality standard requirements and project expectations.
- Support in managing contracts, preparing variation orders and/or changes in scope and managing contract risks.
- Knowledge Management, Innovation and Reporting
- Responsible for planning project plans, scheduling tasks and monitoring and evaluating outcomes of tasks delivered
- Conduct material market surveys and build up estimates of unit rates for construction work items;
- Responsible for preparing construction cost estimates and participate in the preparation of the Engineer’s Estimates;
- Be available to respond to bill of quantities and the Engineer’s Estimate related inquiries/questions during UNOPS’ design and procurement review process;
- Support to respond to bidder inquiries related to the bill of quantity items and provide clarification as requested during bid evaluation stages to contract award;
- Upon request by the technical team, respond to the inquiries/questions related to the prices built up in bill of quantities during works contracts management;
- Participate in project team meetings, knowledge sharing sessions and site visits (if requested). Perform other tasks as directed by the Project Managers.
- Use market surveys information to consolidate material, labour, equipment and human resources’ prices from the market across project geographical area.
- Build up rates for project tasks using 2D and 3D modeling techniques that span quarterly, half year and full year circles and consolidate the rates for new project proposals and continuing works.
- Develop engineers estimates for contracts and justify the rates against bid prices of prospective contractors.
Position in Organization:
- Quantity Surveyor – Retainer
- Job categories: Engineering, Project Management
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5303/25741
- Department/office: AFR, KEMCO, Kenya MCO
- Duty station: Lusaka, Zambia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-9
- Duration: 2 Months
- Application period: 11-Apr-2023 to 26-Apr-2023
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Quantity Surveying or Building Technology or Construction Management or Construction Engineering and Management or Building Science or Civil Engineering is required.
- Minimum 4 years experience in Quantity Surveying is required.
- Previous experience in developing countries and knowledge in the Zambia country context is required.
- Experienced in QS software, as well as spreadsheets (Excel and or Google sheets) is required.
How to Apply UNOPS Quantity Surveyor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=25741#2
The Closing Date: 26th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.