UNOPS Regional Infrastructure and Project Management Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNOPS Kenya looking for “Regional Infrastructure and Project Management Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 18 July 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Infrastructure and Project Management Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
The Regional Infrastructure and Project Management Specialist will be responsible for representing all aspects of the practice within the Africa region as delegated by the Regional Africa Director.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical advice and a quality assurance framework in relation to infrastructure projects
- Provide advice to the preparation of technical specifications, Bills of Quantities, bidding documentation, engineering drawings, construction methodologies, construction planning and programming, and assessments of contractors’ technical capacity to deliver
- Assessment of the quality of design and construction
- Advising the UNOPS Country management teams regarding compliance with UNOPS Health and Safety and Environmental Management System
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent such as MEng, MASc) in Civil Engineering (CEng, PE, P. Eng.), Architecture, Construction Management or relevant field is required
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent such as BEng, BASc) or professional certification in combination with 2 additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive work experience in an Engineering and/or Construction Management role is required
- A minimum of 2 years’ progressive work experience in Project Management is required
- Experience dealing with government officials is required
- Experience working in developing countries (especially Africa) in an international environment is highly desired
- Experience working in and providing creative technical solutions for post-conflict and/or , post-disaster environments is an asset
- Experience working on energy programmes (especially solar power), health infrastructure, water & sanitation and waste to energy is an asset
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOPS Regional Infrastructure and Project Management Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 18 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.