UNSOS Legal Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNSOS Kenya looking for “Legal Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 March 2023.
The United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS), formerly known as the United Nations Support Office for AMISOM (UNSOA), was established in 2009 by Security Council Resolution 1863, to provide logistics support to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM). The current mandate of UNSOS is provided in the UN Security Council Resolution 2568 of 12 March 2021.
The UNSOS has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Legal Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNSOS Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Senior Legal Officer, the Legal Officer will perform the following duties:
- S/he will undertake research and prepare Legal opinions, draft agreements, institutional and operational modalities, contracts, legal submissions and other legal documents and assists and participates in negotiations for the settlement of claims and disputes.
- Will review documentation and assist in preparation of responses to Management Evaluation Unit applications, United Nations Dispute Tribunal and United Nations Appeals Tribunal cases as may be assigned.
- Assists in maintaining effective coordination and working relations with national authorities, including Government representatives, local tribunals, public entities and agencies, and participates at meetings, discussions and negotiations with such local entities and individuals as required.
- May from time to time, upon request by the Senior Legal Officer, be required to work from other offices of the mission, some of which may be located outside of Kenya, as the requirements of mission mandate operations may demand.
- May supervise, or provide guidance to more junior Legal Officers and staff
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law or relevant specialized field of law. A first level university degree in law combination with relevant qualifying experience in law may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in law, including legal analysis, research and writing is required.
- Experience working in a legal office in peacekeeping missions and related international organizations in conflict or post-conflict settings is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNSOS Legal Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs