VSO Finance Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. VSO Uganda looking for “Finance Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before April 28, 2023.
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
The VSO has published a job vacancy announcement on April 11, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
VSO Job Vacancy 2023
- Receive and review finance supporting documents to the payment requests for accuracy, completeness and budget availability before payments are processed.
- Prepare payment and journal vouchers and ensure transactions are correctly coded and posted to SUN on a weekly basis.
- Manage creditor A/Cs, ensuring timely invoice and payment processing and in line with the stipulated Internal controls and ensuring adherence to donor requirements and VSO policies and procedures
- Cash management including relationship with the banks, managing bank mandate, cash flow forecasting and making timely cash requests to the Treasury department.
- Ensure timely processing and payment of all statutory deductions
- Support all volunteer and staff claims including medical and ensure that claims are submitted to the service provider monthly for re-imbursement
- Prepare monthly cash, bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations for review by the Specialist/Manager.
- Follow up overdue liquidations from staff, volunteers, and partners in line with the Global Finance Manual.
Position in Organization:
- Type of role: Business
- Location: Uganda
- Salary: Competitive – Local Benchmark
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
- Application Closing Date: 28 Apr 2023
- Interview date: Soonest Possible
- Start date: Soonest Possible
Essential selection criteria
- At least 3 years demonstrable skills and experience in accounting, finance and operations in an INGO and in a multi donor environment is required
- Good knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, UNICEF, USAID, EU) contractual, procurement and reporting requirements is required
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook. Knowledge and experience in the SUN systems Accounting software is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, finance and accounting
- Professional Qualification/Certification such CPA, ACCA (At least Level 1)
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
Experience and other skills:
- Experience in procurement and logistics is an added advantage
- Experience in supporting and working with auditors
- Communication and Influencing skills – Good written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and Organization – Able to prioritize within restricted resources to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Able to anticipate and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
How to Apply VSO Finance Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/finance-officer-talent-pool-a0m3z00000gibhxaap
The Closing Date: April 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- VSO Project Implementation Lead Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates Senior Health Finance & Public Financial Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist Jobs 2023
- Lifeline Fund Senior Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- EGPAF Public Finance Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Supply Associate Jobs 2023
- IRC Senior Manager-Technical Jobs 2023
- LWF Technical Lead Communications Jobs 2023
- LWF Learning & Innovation Manager Jobs 2023