FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
FHI 360 Uganda looking for “Director of Finance and Administration”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 20, 2023.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 operates in more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization manages projects relating to family planning and reproductive health. In 1986 the organization began a worldwide response to HIV/AIDS.
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Director of Finance and Administration to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide leadership to finance and operational aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub-award management, accounting and logistics.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub-award, and operations aspects of project.
- Ensure compliance of financial, operations, and administrative systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Uganda laws, including for sub-partners.
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
- Maintain accurate financial pipeline reports and other monthly financial reports for internal analysis and tracking purposes to be reviewed with the Project Director and other relevant FHI 360 staff members.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to the donor.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Liaise with the FHI 360 Office of Compliance and Internal Audit to improve necessary documentation and or answers to questions arising from internal and external reviews or audits.
- Ensure that all operational functions are effectively coordinated. Oversee human resources, finance and accounting, operations, and IT functions for the project
- Support the Contracts Management Services department and Project Directors to ensure proper interpretation of the award instruments when entering into financial obligations or any other contracting actions.
- Set up and adjust as needed all field-based administrative, financial, procurement, HR, and other operational systems and processes, and organize appropriate training and orientation on policies and systems for all field staff at the time of hire and ongoing.
- Oversee all administrative and logistical staff in the main and field offices.
- Work closely with Home Office administrative (including financial, contracts, HR, etc.), program and operational teams to ensure timely and quality reporting and lead field team in office/program set-up and close-out processes.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Today
- job requisition id – 2023201858
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant experience in financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects; 6+ years managing finance project team or finance department.
- CPA, ACCA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional certification/qualification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years managing sub-grants.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a developing country; Uganda experience is preferred.
- Experience and good working knowledge of donor funding (e.g., USAID or other USG or FCDO) rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for an international NGO.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word and MS PowerPoint, with an expert knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations, and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth, and breadth of financial management expertise.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work on problems of complex scope that require in depth evaluations of data and various factors.
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 20, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Grants Specialist Jobs 2024
- DRC HR and Administration Intern Jobs 2023
- NRC Head of Support Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023
- GGGI Communication and Knowledge Sharing Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International Consultant Jobs 2023
- IRC Human Resource and Administration Manager Jobs 2023