War Child Driver Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. War Child Uganda looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a degree in completed Secondary level (O level) may apply on or before April 26, 2023.
War Child International is a network of three independent non-governmental organisations: War Child UK, War Child Holland, and War Child Canada, each legally, operationally, and financially independent but sharing a common brand identity and mission to support children and young people affected by armed conflict and war. They work with parents, caregivers, community members, NGOs, governments, corporations, and other partners worldwide to ensure children have access to protection as well as education and psychosocial support. War Child has its work rooted in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The War Child has published a job vacancy announcement on April 15, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Yumbe, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||completed Secondary level (O level)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||April 26, 2023|
War Child Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and responsibilities
- Drive vehicles carefully, safety and within the required speed limit in accordance to the Uganda traffic Laws and WCH regulations.
- Safely transport War Child personnel, guests and goods while providing convenient breaks and treating passengers with courtesy, respect and friendliness.
- Ensure proper travel and route planning is made to accomplish tasks in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Engage in proactive suggestions about vehicle use and safety while observing the policy of having the vehicle parked in an authorized place before 6pm.
- Ensure all vehicle movements do not start before 6:30am unless authorized by line manager or CD.
- Run office errands (payment of bills, shopping, etc.) as directed by the line manager r and Senior officer staff;
- Keep the vehicle in good mechanical condition, carry out daily checks and immediately faults, , scratches, accidents, etc to the line managerCarry out daily checks and minor repairs including check/topup of engine oil, window wiper, radiator, air pressure of tires, brake fluid, fastening of battery terminal, oil leakage under car, and ensure its cleanliness both inside and outside always
- Notify the Line manager (preferably one week in advance) of any repair or regular maintenance required to the vehicle;
- Ensure vehicle inspection during and after service is done to ascertain complete and good standard work is done. A certificate of repairs MUST be signed off.
- Ensures that WCH vehicles have proper documentation such as insurance, logbook, consent forms, etc.
- Monitor the use of vehicles and fuel consumption through analysis of log books monthly.
- Ensure that the fuel tank is always sufficiently filled at the end of the day shift and full before the weekends.
- Fill in the logbook accurately after every trip.
- Keep proper records of transport of goods using way-bills and other forms according to WCH procedures.
- Fully obey the driving laws of the country. This includes the use of seatbelts, speed limits and absence of using alcohol and/or other drugs and phone while driving. Ensures the passenger does the same.
- To maintain the vehicle medical box, fire extinguisher and tool kit at all times whilst in charge of vehicle
Position in Organization:
- Title: DRIVER (1 Position)
- Duty Station: Yumbe
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Salary Range: UGX Gross (1,142,717 – 1,759,160)
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
- At least should have completed Secondary level (O level)
- MUST have a vaild driving license with B, CM, DM & DL class
- Over 3 years of driving experience with medium size org preferable INGO
- Good knowledge of Ugandan Traffic Laws and Regulations
- Knowledge of West Nile/South Western regions is an added advantage
- Proper attitude and focused
- Good verbal expressions skills
- Fluency in English language
- Accurate, consistent and transparent
- Ability to work independant
- Highly skilled in driving vehicles
- In-depth knowledge of checking vehicle for problems and performing preemptive maintenance
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality
- Able to demonstrate a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers
- Ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit
How to Apply War Child Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/108536
The Closing Date: April 26, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.