War Child Project Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. War Child Uganda looking for “Project Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 25, 2023.
War Child International is a network of three independent non-governmental organisations: War Child UK, War Child Holland, and War Child Canada, each legally, operationally, and financially independent but sharing a common brand identity and mission to support children and young people affected by armed conflict and war. They work with parents, caregivers, community members, NGOs, governments, corporations, and other partners worldwide to ensure children have access to protection as well as education and psychosocial support. War Child has its work rooted in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The War Child has published a job vacancy announcement on May 15, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Assistant to be based in Isingiro, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||May 25, 2023|
War Child Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and responsibilities
Plan, organize, conduct and document PSS sessions for children and youth according to the War Child Holland methodology and standards.
- Identification of beneficiaries in close collaboration with the TeamUp facilitators, project officers and Team Leader.
- Support facilitators to plan and conduct timely and quality TeamUp sessions for children in communities.
- Support facilitators to conduct home visits to support children as required.
- Active involvement in weekly planning and review meetings.
- Ensures active participation in monthly implementation plans of project activities.
- Ensures the sessions are conducted in line with the WCH methodology.
- Prepares weekly planning of PSS Sessions together with the facilitators.
Position in Organization:
- Title: PROJECT ASSISTANT – PSYCHO-SOCIAL SUPPORT (1 Position)
- Duty Station: Isingiro
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Salary Range: UGX Gross (1,578,875 – 2,430,605)
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Contract Duration: 7 months (June – December)
- A minimum of a Diploma in Community Development, Social Work or any other relevant related field.
- Ability to write and speak English is a must
- At least 3 years of field work experience, preferably with an (I)NGO in the area of psychosocial support, child development
- Strong understanding of PSS, child protection, youth and life skills programmes.
- Good understanding of development themes such as child rights, protection gender, livelihoods and SRH.
- Good understanding of dynamics in context, politics and culture of the West Nile region and its refugee settlements.
- Willing to live in remote areas
- Know how to ride a motorbike and in possession of a valid riding licence is a MUST
- Knowledge of local refugee language (Congolese Kiswahili, Kinyabwisha) is desirable.
- Coaching skills
- Strong facilitation
- Teamwork (team oriented)
- Strong social and communication skills
- Affinity with children
- Good observation skills
- Willingness to work and live in remote areas
How to Apply War Child Project Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/115409
The Closing Date: May 25, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- MUWRP Sanitary Officer Jobs 2023
- Malteser International Country Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Baylor Study Doctor Jobs 2023
- GGGI Internship for Forestry and Nature Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP Logistics Associate Jobs 2023
- Water For People Driver Jobs 2023
- Water For People Project Officer Jobs 2023