WFP Finance and Admin Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Finance and Admin Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 26th April 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Admin Officer to be based in Adama, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Assist corporate finance and admin resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Support the development of sub-office-specific plans and processes, aligned with the Country, regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
- Provide input and analyze budgets for the emergency operation according to established corporate procedures and requirements, ensuring availability of funds on sub-office fund reservations as well as participating in any
- Budget revisions as required.
- Prepare bank reconciliations statement, disbursements, clearance of receivables, cash advances (for the sub imprest account, cash account and petty cash account), and monthly financial closures in accordance with corporate requirements, ensuring timely submission to the Head of Finance & Administration – Tigray region.
- Preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions: submit weekly expenditure report for the emergency operation to management.
- Assist and support colleagues, act as a point of referral and support them with their queries related to finance & admin.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food, cash and needed resources to affected areas.
- Maintain awareness of corporate finance and administration for major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participate using finance and admin expertise.
- Collect data for budgets and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Deliver and support administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
- Provide input to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas that may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
Position in Organization:
- Finance and Admin Officer
- Requisition ID: 786345
- Posted: 12/04/2023
- Fixed Term: Africa
- Central & Eastern: Ethiopia
- Location: Adama, Ethiopia
- Deadline: 26th April 2023
- Advanced university degree in Finance, Business/Public Administration, Accounting, Engineering or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
- 1 or more years of senior professional experience in Finance and Admin with an interest in international humanitarian development.
How to Apply WFP Finance and Admin Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=786345
The Closing Date: 26th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.