WFP IT Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “IT Operations Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 27 June 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of IT Operations Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Working in the Global Service Operations Unit under supervision of the Head of Unit, the Global Service Operations Team Lead will be responsible for the following duties:
- Team management: Manage and coordinate a team of IT support staff including the capacity building of staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with relevant corporate policies including workplace culture.
- Resource management: contribute to the development of plans and budgets; monitor overall team staffing needs; participate in the recruitment processes for the team; perform periodic performance reviews and advise on areas of improvement; lead reviews of any processes that require decision making that affects the overall team.
- General management: oversee the portfolio of operations and support projects; resolve queries and escalations that touch on operations of the team; manage escalations from team concerning third level support; work with team to drive efficient, accurate and timely responses and resolution to the end users.
- Service delivery: with team leads, plan training and communication to clients and end users of IT services, understand and resolve issues, and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff conduct their work; manage the implementation of new corporate field solutions for use in WFP operations by staff and external parties; interact effectively with internal and external colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide effective support.
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses
- At least 3 years’ experience in computer systems or the technology field
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP IT Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.