WFP Logistics Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
WFP Ethiopia looking for “Logistics Officer “.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 27th December, 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Logistics Officer to be based in Adama, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Responsible for the overall Management and oversight of all fleet Supply management activities in WFP Country Office,
- Establishing and maintaining a complete supply chain transport/delivery network for all spare parts, accordance with the established procedures, normative guidelines as set in the Logistics Fleet Manual.
- Enhance the design & implement complete normative guidelines, systems and procedures for stock and assets management.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a complete supply chain transport/delivery network for all spare parts / materials to deliver goods on a regular & timely basis.
- Responsible to ensure that all data of receipts/movement of material and assets is entered into the FMS (Fleet Management System, software application).
- Verify that quality of items to be procured/fabricated is of high standard and meet the requirements; also advise on the specifications when necessary.
- Organise & conduct regular inventory of all SO fleet as well as CO Supply Chain stores and ensure that all stock records are accurate in accordance to auditing practices.
- Prepare orders for both Local & International Procurement and track the complete procurement process until goods are finally received.
- Responsible to ensure that all spare parts and materials are stored in a safe, secure environment using the most efficient layout with maximum space utilisation and provide adequate treatment as necessary.
- Enter Purchase Requisitions (PR’s) into WINGS (WFP Corporate System).
- Establish tracking mechanism for tyre management.
- Obtain and maintain the latest up-to-date spare parts catalogues, prices lists, cross-reference and superseded numbers for all operational Assets.
- Responsible for environmental issues and the regular disposal of tyres / lubricants.
- Ensure that all staffs include in fleet are adequately trained in material management.
- Analyse data produced from the FMS and convert it into useful management information to produce routine daily, weekly, monthly, & add hoc reports as per required by CO fleet management.
- Continuously collect and collate valuable data or information relating to improvements required for Standardisation and Development purposes for Fleet Management and communicate this information to other staff in the Fleet Section.
- Share experiences gained with other staff members and strive towards creating good team building and harmonious atmosphere.
- Travel within the country as required by the Organization.
- Manage and monitor the performance of the trucks to achieve maximum utilisation in optimizing vehicle routing and scheduling.
- Perform any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Logistics Officer ( Roving Spare Parts Store Manager)
- TYPE OF CONTRACT: International Consultant Level 1
- UNIT/DIVISION: Supply Chain/ Logistics
- DUTY STATION: Adama, Ethiopia
- DURATION: 6 months
- Deadline: 27 December 2023
- University degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience as a Fleet or Workshop Manager/Supply Chain Manager/Spare Parts Manager or similar job in UN organizations, international and/or national NGOs, Government entities, or the private sector with a focus on humanitarian work.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (proficiency/Level C). Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
How to Apply WFP Logistics Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 27th December, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.