WFP Monitoring Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Monitoring Assistant“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before April 21, 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on April 07, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Monitoring Assistant to be based in Moroto, Uganda.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: To monitor programme activities and provide reports to support effective assistance delivery and through community engagement assist in generation of evidence for the impact of WFP activities. Incumbent is expected to work under minimal supervision and produce organised and accurate work and analytical reports including providing guidance to partners on standard WFP assistance delivery practices.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Prepare monthly Food Release Notes/Cash release Notes and ensure that they are validated.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Carry out sensitisation of the people we serve and other stakeholders on beneficiary feedback and complaints process and helpline in the geographic areas of monitoring to strengthen accountability towards the beneficiaries.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners and beneficiaries to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- University degree in Nutrition, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 3 years experience implementing humanitarian food assistance and/or development programmes and projects. Experience working with technical teams e.g. Nutrition, Food Systems, Agriculture Market Support, Resilience and Livelihoods etc. Experience working in Karamoja sub-region is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English language. Ability to communicate in Ngakariojong, Lebthur and/or Swahili languages is a requirement.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Demonstrated application of knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Ability to understand and apply an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
- Ability to collect and summarise programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
- Ability to gather, organise, and provide data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
- Requisition ID 333809 – Posted 07/04/2023 – Fixed Term – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – Moroto
How to Apply WFP Monitoring Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=333809
The Closing Date: April 21, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.