WFP Nutrition Intern Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Nutrition Intern”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 26 June 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The role seeks to support the Nutrition department in Management of Nutrition treatment/prevention Programmes at the National and Community level. They will be involved in Government engagements and Capacity Strengthening for nutrition-specific and sensitive programming.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Support in developing and implementing nutrition-specific and sensitive activities and monitoring processes as per the CSP.
- Respond to routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Conduct field visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of projects, and support with the preparations and conducting of mission visits to project sites by senior WFP officers or donors.
- Assist in preparing nutrition-related reports and data analysis and ensuring deliverables adhere to WFP corporate standards and quality controls.
- Contribute to the writing of reports and funding proposals/concept.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ in Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health or other related field.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to write correctly in English and to communicate matters orally and in writing.
- Should be able to maintain accurate/precise records, to perform detailed work and to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Nutrition Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 26 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.