WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. WFP Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Associate“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 19, 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on June 07, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Associate to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Program Associate
- Grade: General Service – 6
- Type of Contract: Fixed Term
- Duration: 1 year
- Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Date of Publication: 06 June 2023
- Deadline of Application: 19 June 2023
- WFP encourages female candidates and candidates with disabilities to apply.
- This vacancy announcement is open to Zimbabwean nationals ONLY.
- Education: A degree in Developmental Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health or equivalent.
- Language: Fluency in English Language. Fluency in any local language is desired.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Has exposure with the Programme Lifecycle and Food Assistance.
- Has working knowledge of all transfer modalities for food, cash, and vouchers.
- Has experience in emergency programming.
How to Apply WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: June 19, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WFP Human Resources Associate Jobs 2023
- FAO Compliance Specialist Jobs 2023
- WFP Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- Save the Children GCF Programme Development and Quality Coordinator Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Programme Development and Quality Coordinator Jobs 2023
- FAO Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Social and Behavior Change Officer Jobs 2023