WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. WFP Nigeria looking for “Programme Policy Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 12 April 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 03 April 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: To lead where required as well as provide support to policy and programme activities towards the delivery of effective and efficient monthly food assistance to vulnerable people within various WFP intervention locations.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Support the implementation of monthly assistance for WFP Core activity areas using appropriate modality while ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to WFP Activity areas including distribution planning and troubleshooting of potential challenges.
- Ensuring that all WINGS, ITS, COMET, LESS and SCOPE procedures including FRNs are timely completed for all distribution cycles.
- Support the onboarding and management of cooperating partners; ensure their timely and quality reporting, invoicing and follow up on their payments.
- Monitor/supervise financial service providers (FSPs) and Contracted retailers to ensure they comply with the established contractual agreement terms and conditions in implementing WFP activities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.