WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. WFP Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Policy Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University degree may apply on or before April 13, 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on March 30, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Provide project management support to the Stop Abuse and Female Exploitation (SAFE) project and other projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Identify best practices of the SAFE project and formulate strategies for their replication and up-scaling in other activities of the country office and in WFP at large.
- Collaborate with NGO partners, government line ministries and WFP Field Offices to disseminate lessons learnt from the SAFE project in other Social and Humanitarian Assistance as well as resilience building activities.
- Research and analyze policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to further develop the work of the country office on gender and protection.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and government stakeholders to develop and implement protection sensitive initiatives, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide support to the implementation of WFP Zimbabwe gender action plan.
- Support resource mobilization initiatives through development of funding proposals that clearly articulate WFP’s integrated approach to programming.
- Other as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Program Policy Officer-(Stop Abuse Female Exploitation) Consultant
- Grade: CST Level 1
- Type of Contract: International Consultant
- Duration: 9 Months
- Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Vacancy Number: 668316
- Date of Publication: 30 March 2023
- Deadline of Application: 13 April 2023
- WFP encourages female candidates and candidates with disabilities to apply.
- This vacancy announcement is not open to Zimbabwean nationals.
- Advanced University Degree in one (or more) of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, International Development, Gender Studies, Law, Human Rights, Political Science or related, possibly with a strong research focus. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience can be considered in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 4 years of relevant Professional work experience in a humanitarian organization part of which should include leadership of implementing gender, protection sensitive and inclusive humanitarian programmes in urban areas.
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=668316
The Closing Date: April 13, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.