WFP Risk Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Risk Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 20th June 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Risk Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Accountabilities: Under the direct supervision of the Risk Management & Compliance Officer Ethiopia Country Office, the Risk Officer (Environmental and Social Sustainability) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Tactical and operational leadership in the screening, development, review, and implementation of environmental and social safeguards for the Country Office, ensuring compliance with relevant WFP policies and procedures, as well as those of donors, government, and partners.
- Conduct strategic assessments of environmental and social risks for all identified current and emerging interventions, including as part of the forthcoming Country Strategic Plan.
- Supervise, analyze, and monitor the timely and effective implementation of environmental safeguards, as well as developing and proposing corrective measures to address the bottlenecks impeding the execution of these safeguard measures.
- Collate alerts and follow-up resolutions, including detailed reports, when necessary, on incidents occurred that could potentially result in WFP reputational risks by jeopardizing the environment, beneficiaries, and/or affected communities for planned or existing interventions.
- Prepare and deliver trainings to internal and external stakeholders for increased capacities to ensure adherence to environmental and social standards, with particular attention to risks associated with labor management, gender-based violence, occupational health and safety, waste management, and disaster and climate change impacts, among others.
- Provide presentations to donors, government, partners, and other relevant stakeholders on the environmental and social risk management performance of WFP’s Changing Lives portfolio.
- Provide overarching advice and guidance to the Country Office on the application of environmental and social standards for operations on-ground as well as specific proposal development processes.
- Liaise with functions and Sub-Offices on the completion of periodic checklists on risk management and compliance, and other periodic risk management activities.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations on required actions in the areas of risk management and compliance, as well as handling of routine risk management and compliance matters, such as handling of reporting, noting of risk events and management of routine compliance processes. Provide regular reporting on the implementation of environmental and social standards for various interventions. Updating of Country Office risk management documentation, as well as engaging Units on submissions made and follow up on actions committed by units.
- Participate in oversight missions to the field to identify risk areas and monitor compliance with WFP rules, regulations, policies and procedures & prepare comprehensive reports on findings and recommendations with the relevant managers.
- Any other related assignments deemed necessary by the Risk Management & Compliance Officer.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Risk Officer
- CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term, NOB
- UNIT/DIVISION: Management
- DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- DURATION: 12 months
- Deadline: 20th June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) or university degree with relevant working experience in one of the following areas: Environmental Studies, Environmental Management, Agriculture, or related field. Risk Management or internal control certification is highly advantageous.
- At least 3 years’ progressive professional experience in environmental and social safeguards (ESS) or environmental social and governance compliance (ESG) with experience in internal controls design or operation being highly advantageous.
How to Apply WFP Risk Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 20th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.