WHO Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WHO Ethiopia looking for “Consultant “. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 22nd April 2023.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to be based in Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Duties: Under the direct supervision and overall guidance of Incident Manager the Technical Officer will do the following :
- Overseeing, coordinating and implementing an endorsed PRSEAH POA that is adapted to the context and needs of the emergency operations
- Supporting/advising all key stakeholders internally on responsibilities and accountabilities in preventing and responding to SEAH including regular briefings on risks, and incidents
- Mainstream PRSEAH in WHO Programs and operations including in human resource management and WHO emergency operations to mitigate potential risks through implementation of safe-guarding measures during recruitment, training of personnel including volunteers, dissemination of PRSEAH information package to all personnel and Implementing partners,
- Mitigate PSEAH risks within WHO Programming for the emergency operations through dissemination of PSEAH information package to all personnel, partners and contractors;
- Implementing PSEAH trainings and refresher courses to all personnel, implementing partners, volunteers and Government counterparts.
- Contribution to and actively represent WHO in the PSEA Network activities, aligning with the PSEA Network TORs and contributing to implementation of relevant components of the joint Action Plan such joint risk assessments, capacity building, community awareness and engagement on rights, reporting and services; capacity building for referral for victim support; SEAH prevention activities, etc.
- Actively represent WHO and contribute to various PSEA related thematic working group (GBV, Gender, Protection Working Group, child Protection working group, Health Cluster, etc.) activities to promote PSEAH objectives ;
- Contribute to and support mapping of existing victims and survivors service providers, gaps and needs; and coordinate internally to ensure appropriate channeling of WHO contributions to the joint efforts for victims and survivors support mechanisms;
- Support and ensure the inclusion of PRSEAH in humanitarian needs overview, humanitarian response plans, event specific SRPs and funding appeals
- Representing WHO and participating in routine Inter-agency PSEA Network meetings, documentation and dissemination of outcomes and recommendations internally and to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Support the WHO leadership to systematically roll out the UN Protocol on Allegations of SEA involving implementing partners and accompanying partner assessment, and support as needed ;
- Ensure that implementing partners are trained on PRSEAH, and that PRSEAH clause is inserted in all contractual agreements.
Position in Organization:
- Consultant – Prevention and Response to Sexual Exploitation
- Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 3 months ( extension subject to performance and availability of funds)
- Job Posting: Apr 7, 2023, 12:32:19 PM
- Closing Date: Apr 22, 2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Mekelle
- Organization: AF_ETH Ethiopia
- Schedule: Full-time
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced level University Degree (Masters level or above) in gender studies, humanitarian affairs, human rights, law, social work, public health, development studies, and/or other related social science disciplines.
- At least 5 years of relevant progressive work experience including experience in humanitarian relief work and /or health emergency response operations.
How to Apply WHO Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303368
The Closing Date: 22nd April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.